Friday, June 5, 2009

Post-Graduation Move/Vacation

We didn't waste any time setting out for Minnesota...

Graduation was on Sunday morning, May 24.

We left the very next morning on a 9-day drive through some of the most beautiful national parks and campgrounds in the country.

The next few blog posts will be highlights of the trip. It was quite an experience. Those present: myself, my wife, my two daughters (nearly 3 years-old and 10 months-old), and my wife's 19 year-old brother to help us out.

Back in March, a few days after I found out I matched to Minnesota, I booked all our reservations and planned where we would travel. We would camp some nights and stay in motels other nights.

A couple of days before graduation, we had most of our belongings packed into a U-Pack trailer (you pack it, they drive it), and the rest we stuffed into our van along with our camping gear, etc. Our organization left something to be desired, but hey, it's pretty crazy to both have a vacation and move across the country at the same time.

1 comment:

Mom Diane said...

Hey Dan,

I'm glad you're doing this. Looking forward to reading more!